Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

"TRY" ing....

1 week ago was my longest run since being on this journey with Jen Harrison.....she gave me a 1 hr run. My runs are still slow & I am working on form & continuing to heal my foot & hopefully be completely pain free....soon! But I got in 6+ miles in that hour and it felt great! PT is done & I discovered taping my foot has helped a lot.

This past week was a bit scaled down from previous weeks since I had a FTP test on Wednesday & an indoor tri today. My FTP test was disappointing to say the least, I would kie to come up with a million excuses on why I didn't do as well as expected (sore, tired,....blah, blah,blah) but it is a number I can & will improve on. On Friday it was really nice to have a full day of rest, although I did feel a little lazy & I was kind of bored. Saturday rolled around & I had my pre-race workout & it was the 1st time I ran FAST....well, fast for me, but only for 30 seconds. It felt good, but what will tomorrow bring when I have to swim,bike, & run consecutively for 15 mins each....

Sunday morning I leave at 8am, my wave goes off at 9am...I'm only 10 mins away....sweet! I get to Evergreen Pk HS & begin to feel a little nervous, after all this is my 1st race of any kind since September. I was supposed to warm up for 20 mins on the bike or run....but the bikes & treadmills were all being used for the racers so 20 mins was NOT going to happen. I did get to sneak in for about a 4 min spin on the stationary bike & didn't feel warm at all.....so I decided to just go to the pool thinking I could warmup there. Not a chance! On with the race....I am not sure of the results yet but the swim & run felt good, but the bike hurt a little. Maybe its time for a massage! Once results come in I will post again!

Nighty nite....

1 comment:

  1. Right nutrition helps me take best from every workout. Especially when it is enforced by dietary supplement - High-Potency Super Nutritional Complex. It is manufactured by MGNutritionals and contains natural compounds, which safely and effectively enhance my energy supply.

    ReplyDelete