Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

What's going on....

What's going on you ask.....well, lots!
It has been a while since I have posted but that doesn't mean there was nothing to post about, in fact I have been so busy with training & life that I haven't had time for much else.

I want to put a solid effort into my training for this ironman & as many know I am a fitness instructor so working out is my job. Training for this ironman is my workout. Confused? I know...let's just say teaching multiple spin, bootcamp, & yoga classes is not going to get me to the finish line of IMKY. That being said I had a VERY hard decision to make...I decided to cut back on my classes so I could have more time & energy for training. Not only is it my livelyhood but I genuinely love all of my "clients" but I am taking the time to focus on a dream & I will be back to all of my classes after I cross that finish line.

As of April 1st I have had more time for training & then some personal things were going on....not going to get into all of that but for now the stress & worry is over, THANK GOD! So back to training, I have had some good training days & some not so good training days. My swim is coming along nicely, not much to talk about there except the idiot that wanted to race me in the pool today...seriously?! I told him I had a workout to do & he kept trying to get me to race him, I just laughed & said "you know I will beat you, right?" Then kept on swimming. Haha! Some people kill me... Biking has been going pretty well too, I love the CT sessions I have been going to & hope to do another FTP test soon. Looking for an improvement of course. And finally the run....ah, the run...well, its still slow but there was one run this week that felt amazing. Coach Jen is implementing some speed work & I mentioned how I was getting a little nervous for my half marathon coming in May so now I'm running more...be careful what you tell your coach...lol! I secretly love it Jen :)

I also got a great massage from my fellow team mate & recent massage therapy student BC...it has been quite some time since I have had a massage & I didn't know how much I actually need one until these muscles were manipulated. I will be your guinea pig anytime BC, happy to help..;-) Thanks so much, it felt wonderful! Just in time too, I have the John Frasier Memorial Time Trial on Sunday....

Till the race report here are some fun pics of what's been going on....

No comments:

Post a Comment