Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ASTYM....

ASTYM is a therapy approsch that addresses problems such as scarring, fibrosis, and degeneration that occur in soft tissues.

I was expecting it to be more painful while being performed, but its not a graston....I have had that done & OMG!!!! So it wasn't painful during but it did hurt after & last night was a difficult one. I did not get much sleep and when I woke up it was tender so I took some celebrex, I have been trying NOT to take it because I don't like being on medication but I had bootcamp & yoga class to teach so I took it. It did take the edge off but since I go bare foot in yoga I felt it a little more by the end of class.

I spend a lot of my evening relaxing time stretching, foam rolling, & icing. I have a feeling this is how it is going to go for me, but whatever it takes to get better & keep moving! "Where there is a will there is a way"

I hope to get a better night sleep tonight. I am beat....Jen, that swim did it! :>)

Tomorrow I have an appointment with the PT for a dartfish analysis. I think I do some funky stuff when I run but we will see....

Sweet dreams,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment