Pages

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Learning how 2 run....

You know those pictures floating around on social media where the beautiful thin model is running perfectly and the caption reads "what I think I look like when I run" then there's a picture of a mastiff running with his tongue hanging out & drooling and that caption reads "what I actually look like" yeah well, I got to see that first hand.

I had the dartfish running analysis done and WOW do I need some work. I saw myself running from every angle IN SLOW MOTION.....ugly! Not to mention I saw things moving that should not be moving in slow motion, I also saw some running inefficiencies that I have begun to work on. Trying to run more forefoot, not dropping my left hip, landing under my hips, & a few other things.....isn't that enough?!

Well, on Tuesday it was almost 70 degrees here in Chicago so for the first time this year, in shorts & a t-shirt, I headed to the track. It was wonderful to get off that damn treadmill and work on teaching myself how to run....EFFICIENTLY! I did drills, had a midfoot strike, high cadence, and I felt like that beautiful model running perfectly. I know that's not what I really look liked, thank God I had the track all to myself or I may have gotten some crazy looks, but its a start.

Getting stronger everyday and more efficient. Hope there are more near 70 degree days soon!

Smiles,
Courtney

3 comments:

  1. I don't even like STILL pics of me running, let alone a VIDEO!!! No way...you are a brave woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you enjoy active lifestyle and can not live without fitness, you should try military grade nutritionals. Awesome nutritional supplements which increase your energy supply and help you keep great shape! For me their supplements are the best I've ever tried.

    ReplyDelete