Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

LOOKS CAN BE DECEIVING....

Sometimes when you look at something or someone what you see is not always what you get. When it comes to a person there is most likely more going on inside than they show on the outside. I pride myself on not being a liar and not being fake, but I also pride myself on being strong. Sometimes I try to be too strong, sometimes I deceive others by putting on a tough exterior when really what is inside is anything but....

As a mom we are stong for our kids, as a wife we hold down the fort for our husbands, and in my case as a fitness instructor I am strong and motivating for my classes. When things are challenging or if I have an ache or pain I can't let my "students" see me wince. As many know I have had some serious plantar fascia issues in both feet but I can't let that stop me from conducting a kick ass bootcamp class or yoga class or spin class. I put on my tough chick face & power through it, even through training.

This past Thursday night I became so sick with what was probably the stomach flu.....everything from cramping, diarrhea, and vomiting. This lasted just about 24 hours, even through the night! I was exhausted, dehydrated, and sore from wretching. I still had to be mom, although my oldest asked if he could stay home to take care of me, he is a sweetheart. I said yes! I still think he just wanted a day off of school but I was a vulnerable & thought I could use use the help.

I started feeling better Friday night but I still could not eat much because I was afraid it would happen all over again. Saturday morning came and I had to be ON for my spin class and I was not feeling ON....but they motivated me and even though I taught from the floor I felt even better after leaving them. when I got back home I moticed my little Eva (3 yrs old) had a runny nose. Ugh, it is always exciting in our house! We had a relaxing evening at home trying to get better.

Sunday morning comes & I am feeling good. Still not able to eat much so I had a few egg whites & a piece of toast, then off to the gym for a 35 min run (easy) and a pool all to myself, AHHH! I had not been in the pool since Tuesday due to my illness so I was ready.....As serene as that pool looked the workout was anything but, especially after being sick! I once again toughed it out but afterwards I felt like I was going to toss my cookies AGAIN!!! It did not happen, thank God...

When I got home I needed nourishment, I needed vitamins, I needed to BLEND! So I did...pineapple, cucumber, lemon juice, lime juice, raspberries, blueberries, spinach, kale, ginger, mint, parsley, orange, celery, and coconut water. It is DELICIOUS, try it! Then I made a crockpot full of beef vegetable soup....mmmmm

I'm still tough, but trying to be ok with taking and asking for more help and being confident it will all work out fine. I know ironman cannot be done without help.....

Goodnight,
Courtney

No comments:

Post a Comment